The Center of Korea Observatory in Yanggu-gun is named for its location at the center of the Korean Peninsula. It is equipped with an 80 centimeter reflecting telescope. There is also an exhibition hall providing the most recent astronomy news, a planetarium showing the night sky, and a range of hands-on programs.
Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-33-480-2586
Day off : Mondays (closed the following day if Monday is a holiday), January 1
Hours : September-February 14:00-22:00 / March-August 14:00-23:00
* Last admission 1 hr before closing
Individuals - Adults 2,000 won / Children 1,000 won
Groups - Adults 1,500 won / Children 500 won
* Adults (ages 20-64) / Children (ages 7-19)
* Groups - 30 people or more
* Free admission: Preschoolers (ages 6 & younger), senior citizens (ages 65 & older)
Observatory, celestrial projection room, video room, exhibition hall, gift shop, convenience store, grass square, etc.
Reservation Info. for Natives
Phone-reservation must be made in advance for groups of 30 people or more.
* Reservation: +82-33-480-2586
127, Guktojeongjungang-ro, Yanggu-gun, Gangwon-do