The Center of Korea Observatory in Yanggu-gun is named for its location at the center of the Korean Peninsula. It is equipped with an 80-centimeter reflecting telescope. There is also an exhibition hall providing the most recent astronomy news, a planetarium showing the night sky, and a range of hands-on programs.
Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-33-480-2586
Day off : Mondays (closed the following day if Monday is a holiday), January 1
Hours : September-February 14:00-22:00 / March-August 14:00-23:00
* Last admission 1 hr before closing
Individuals - Adults 2,000 won / Children 1,000 won
Groups - Adults 1,500 won / Children 500 won
* Adults (ages 20-64) / Children (ages 7-19)
* Groups - 30 people or more
* Free admission: Preschoolers (ages 6 & younger), senior citizens (ages 65 & older)
Observatory, celestrial projection room, video room, exhibition hall, gift shop, convenience store, grass square, etc.
Reservation Info. for Natives
Phone-reservation must be made in advance for groups of 30 people or more.
* Reservation: +82-33-480-2586
127, Guktojeongjungang-ro, Yanggu-gun, Gangwon-do