A haenggung is a temporary palace where the king and royal family retreated to during a war. Hwaseong Haenggung Palace is the largest one of these, use by the Joseon kings since the time of King Jeongjo (r. 1776-1800). In addition to being used as a shelter during war, King Jeongjo also stayed here during trips to worship at his father's tomb. The palace was the location of a splendid feast held on the 60th birthday of his mother, Hyegyeonggung Hong, and many other events, including award certificates for successful candidates of special national exams. These days, the palace serves as a venue for many traditional cultural performances and activities.
Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-31-228-4677, 4480
Parking facilities : Available
Day off : N/A (Open all year round)
Hours : 09:00-18:00
Dramas - "Moon Embracing the Sun (2012)," "Rooftop Prince (2012)," "Deep Rooted Tree (2011)," "The Princess' Man (2011)," "Lee San, Wind of the Palace (2007)," "Insu, The Queen Mother (2011)," "Queen and I (2012)," "The King and I (2007)"
Film - "Masquerade (2012)"
Individual - Adults 1,500 won / Teenagers 1,000 won / Children 700 won
Group - Adults 1,200 won / Teenagers 800 won / Children 500 won
* Group: 20 people or more.
* Free (Proper ID required): Preschoolers (ages 6 and younger) & senior citizens (ages 65 and older)
* For groups of students (20 or more), 1 accompanying staff or guardian can enter free.
* Sinpungnu Pavilion, Bukgunyeong, Namgunyeong, Jipsacheong, Seoricheong, Bijangcheong, Jwaikmun Gate, Jungangmun Gate, Yuyeotaek, Boknaedang, Gyeongnyonggwan, Bongsudang, Jangnakdang, Mirohanjeong, Naknamheon, etc.
One-time parking (3 hour basis) - Small vehicles 2,000 won / Large vehicles 4,000 won
* 200 won charged for each additional 10 min
One-day parking (max charge) - Small vehicles 10,000 won / Large vehicles 15,000 won
Interpretation Services Offered
Guided tour in English, Japanese (Reservation required)
Audio guide rental
825, Jeongjo-ro, Paldal-gu, Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do