Museum Kimchikan is a unique museum dedicated to kimchi and kimjang, the process of making kimchi which was designated as UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity. The museum was also selected by CNN in March 2015 as one of the world’s top 11 food museums.
Visitors can learn the history of kimchi as well as learn and get a taste of the different types of kimchi. Audio guides in English, Japanese, and Chinese are available for international visitors and a guided tour of the museum by a docent is also available at designated times. Online reservation is available through the museum’s official website.
www.kimchimuseum.com (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
Experience Guide : [Exhibition]
Guided exhibition available 4 times a day (11:00, 14:00, 15:00, 16:00)
Schedule varys by program
Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-2-6002-6456
Parking facilities : Not available
Day off : Mondays, New Year's Day, Christmas Day, Seollal (Lunar New Year's Day) and Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving Day) holidays
Hours : 10:00-18:00
Exhibition halls, resource room, educational room, etc.
Adults (age 19 and over): Individuals 5,000 won / Groups 4,000 won
Students (elementary to high school): Individuals 3,000 won / Groups 2,000 won
Children (under age 8): Individuals 2,000 won / Groups 1,000 won
* Must be a group of 20 people or more to be eligible for group rates.
* Reservations for groups of 20 people or more are only available online.
* Maximum capacity per viewing is 80 people (please make an inquiry in advance for a group of 80 people).
* Inquiries: +82-2-6002-6456 / email@example.com
Online reservation required 4 days in advance.
* Activity programs charged separately.
Four times a day (11:00, 14:00, 15:00, 16:00)
* Minimum of ten people required.
Interpretation Services Offered
Audio guide rentals available (English, Japanese, Chinese)
* Rental fee 1,000 won
35-4, Insadong-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul