Sokcho Expo Tower in the area of Cheongchoho Lake, Joyang-dong, is an observatory tower set in a park surrounded by mountains and lakes.
The tower is 73.4m in x_height and can accommodate up to 100 visitors at once. From the observation platform, visitors can enjoy a complete view of the Sokcho area, including Ulsanbawi Rock and Daecheongbong Peak in Seoraksan Mountain, the East Sea and downtown Sokcho. The view around sunset is especially picturesque and the migratory bird habitat of Cheongchoho Lake is also located near the tower.
www.sokchotour.com (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-33-637-5083
Parking facilities : Available
Day off : N/A (Open year-round)
Hours : 09:00-22:00
* Last admission at 21:40
Facility Utilization Fees
Adults (ages 19-64): Individuals 2,500 won / Groups 2,300 won
Teenagers (ages 13-18): Individuals 2,000 won / Groups 1,800 won
Children (ages 5-12): Individuals 1,500 won / Groups 1,300 won
* Free admission: People with disabilities, Children (age 5 or under), senior citizens (age 65 and over), etc.
* Groups: 20 people and more
* Observatory: The 15-story building consists of a sales corner for souvenirs and a photo exhibition for tourist spots in the area of Seorak, a vending machine, telescopes, chairs and tables to enjoy the whole view of Sokcho.
* Expo Memorial Hall – IMAX movie screenings for group of 20 or more people
72, Expo-ro, Sokcho-si, Gangwon-do