The COEX Aquarium comprises 183 display tanks and 90 breeding tanks with 3,500 tons of water volume, making it a large-scaled aquarium. It houses 40,000 sea creatures, which come from 650 different species divided into 16 themed zones. In particular, the highest number of sharks and the largest variety of species in Korea are living in the aquarium. An open-top water tank releasing anions in addition to 20 rest areas make this tourist site in the heart of Gangnam, Seoul a perfect healing place for local and international visitors.
coexaqua.co.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-2-700-7200
Parking facilities : B2 - B4 levels – COEX Mall (4,800 spaces)
* Enter the parking lot from the North Gate of COEX Mall
Parking Fees : First 4 hours: 4,800 won
Additional 1,200 won per 15 minutes after 4 hours
* Must enter the vehicle's four digit plate number on the parking discount machine inside COEX Aquarium.
Day off : N/A (Open all year round)
Charges : Individuals: Adults 28,000 won / Teenagers 25,000 won / Children 24,000 won / Seniors 20,000 won
* Infants under 36 months offered free admission when accompanied by one parent.
* Proof of age required (i.e. birth certificate or passport)
Hours : 10:00-21:00
* Last admission one hour before closing
Scale : Whole area 14,350㎡ Facilities area 9,256㎡ Tanks - 183 display tanks, 90 breeding tanks Water volume – approximately 3,500 tons Creatures - 40,000 sea creatures from approximately 650 different species
Touring Time : Approx. 1hr 30mins
* Refer to the website
Groups of 15 people or more required to inquire in advance
* Inquiries for group visitors: +82-2-700-7300
513, Yeongdong-daero, Gangnam-gu, Seoul