The COEX Aquarium is comprised of 183 display tanks and 90 breeding tanks with 3,500 tons of water volume, making it a large-scaled aquarium. It houses 40,000 sea creatures, which come from 650 different species divided into 16 themed zones. In particular, the highest number of sharks and the largest variety of species in Korea are living in the aquarium. An open-top water tank releasing anions in addition to 20 rest areas make this tourist site in the heart of Gangnam, Seoul a perfect healing place for local and international visitors.
coexaqua.co.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-2-700-7200,
* Group reservation: +82-2-700-7300
Parking facilities : B2 - B4 levels – COEX Mall (4,800 spaces)
* Enter the parking lot from the North Gate of COEX Mall
Day off : N/A (Open all year round)
Charges : Individuals: Adults 28,000 won / Teenagers 25,000 won / Children 22,000 won / Seniors 20,000 won
* Infants under 36 months offered free admission when accompanied by one parent.
* Proof required (i.e. birth certificate or passport)
Hours : 10:00-20:00 / Saturdays 10:00-21:00
* Last admission one hour before closing time.
Scale : Whole area 14,350㎡ Facilities area 9,256㎡ Tanks - 183 display tanks, 90 breeding tanks Water volume – approximately 3,500 tons Creatures - 40,000 sea creatures from approximately 650 different species
Touring Time : 1hr – 1hr 30mins
* Refer to the website
Groups of 15 people or more required to inquire in advance
* Inquiries for group visitors: +82-2-700-7300
513, Yeongdong-daero, Gangnam-gu, Seoul