The National Museum of Korea houses a vast collection of over 220,000 artifacts from ancient times to the modern era in a wide range of topics, including art and culture. The museum houses a Children's Museum, where visitors can learn more about the nation's history through educational programs and experiences. The outdoor grounds feature pagodas and other stone artworks too large to be on display inside.
In addition to galleries with a wide array of national and international pieces, the National Museum of Korea is the stage for a number of cultural activities related to collection, preservation, research and analysis, social training, academic publications, intercultural exchange programs, concerts, and more.
The National Museum of Korea +82-2-2077-9000
Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-2-2077-9000
Parking facilities : Available
- Basement 1: 522 parking spaces with 31 reserved spaces for people with disabilities and 26 for compact cars
* Levels 1 & 2 for employees only
- Outdoor: 99 parking spaces (including 78 spaces for large vehicles)
* The National Museum of Korea encourages the use of buses and trains due to limited parking spaces.
Parking Fees : - Small & Mid-sized vehicles (less than 15 seats)
For the first 2 hours: 2,000 won / 500 won for every additional 30 min / daily maximum use (06:00-23:00) 10,000 won
- Large vehicles (more than 16 seats)
For the first 2 hours: 4,000 won / 1,000 won for every additional 30 min / daily maximum use (06:00-23:00) 20,000 won
* If exiting the parking lot within 20 min, no fees will be charged.
* 50% discount for compact cars
Day off : New Year’s Day, Seollal (Lunar New Year’s Day) & Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving Day)
* Permanent Exhibition Hall closed on the first Monday of every April
Charges : Free admission: Permanent Exhibition, Children's Museum, Free Planned Exhibition
* Permanent Exhibition: No admission ticket required
* Children's Museum: Information desk at the museum entrance
* Ticket purchase is available at the ticket booth in front of Planned Exhibition Hall. Visitors should present their admission ticket to enter paid special exhibitions.
* Last admission is one hour before closing.
Hours : 10:00-18:00
* Closing time extended to 21:00 on Wednesdays & Saturdays
* Children's Museum - Opens until night time only on the last Wednesday of the month (First-come, first-served basis after 18:00. Up to 300 tickets will be sold per session at 18:00 and 19:30)
Scale : Total area: 307,227 ㎡ / Structure area: 49,117 ㎡ / Total floor area: 134,270 ㎡ (B1-6F)
Collection, preservation, research and analysis, social training, academic publications, intercultural exchange, etc.
Groups of 30 or more students (elementary-high school) should make a reservation online one day before visiting.
Foreign Language Intepretation Services
Available (English, Japanese, Chinese, French)
* Refer to the official website for details.
137, Seobinggo-ro, Yongsan-gu, Seoul