Suwon Hwaseong Museum presents the history and culture of Suwon Hwaseong Fortress, an important Korean cultural asset and UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site. Visitors to the museum can learn about the formation of the fortress and the city of Suwon itself through detailed, systematically designed exhititions. The museum houses an extensive collection of items that showcase the construction and development of the fortress, as well as gatherings and events that took place within the fortress.
Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-31-228-4242
Parking facilities : Available
Day off : First Monday of every month (closed the following day if a national holiday falls on the day of closure instead.)
Charges : [Admission (Suwon Hwaseong Museum)]
Individual - Adults 2,000 won / Teenagers 1,000 won
Group (20 and above) - Adults 1,000 won / Teenagers 500 won
* Free admission: Children (ages 12 and younger) and senior citizens (ages 65 and older)
* Adults (ages 19-64), Teenagers (ages 13-18 )
[4 Sites Integrated Tickets]
Individual - Adults 3,500 won / Teenagers 2,000 won / Children & senior citizens 800 won
Group (20 and above) - Adults 2,000 won / Teenagers 1,200 won / Children & senior citizens 600 won
* 4 Sites: Suwon Hwaseong, Hwaseong Haeunggung, Suwon Museum, Suwon Hwaseong Museum
(40%~60% discount for purchase of integrated tickets)
* Sales of integrated tickets at Hwaseong and Hwaseong Haeunggung will not be available on every first Monday of the month.
January 1, last Wednesday of the month, on the day of Seollal (Lunar New Year's Day) & Chuseok (Korean Thankgsiving Day).
(Note: docent service, experience programs and education will not be available.)
* The conditions may change without notice, please check to confirm in advance.
Hours : 09:00-18:00
* Last admission is one hour before closing.
Scale : Total size: 23,173 ㎡
Total Floor Area: 5,652 ㎡ (B1-2F)
Foreign Language Intepretation Services
[Audio Guide Services] Detailed descriptions of important artifacts and displays
- MP3 : 50 sets
- Target Audience: Teengers and older
(For elementary school students or younger, accompanying guardian is required for rental of audio device)
- Rental Fee : Free
- Rental Method : Present your identification card at the Suwon Hwaseong Museum Information Desk
- Available in English, Japanese and Chinese
Advance reservation required for group visitors.
21, Changnyong-daero, Paldal-gu, Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do