With a scenic view overlooking the West Sea, Songam Art Museum is a French-style building located along the coastal road at the foot of Cheongryangsan Mountain in Incheon.
The gallery was built to house a private collection of antiques collected by the late Chairman Lee Hoerim. The gallery, together with all its relics and real-estate, was later donated to Incheon Metropolitan City and introduced as Songam Art Museum.
Even before being donated, the gallery has been making contributions to the progress of research regarding the art and culture of Korea and China by displaying both Korean and Chinese antiques related to Korean culture. After its renovation and conversion into a museum, Songam Art Museum added a repository of Korean paintings and ceramic wares. Through continuous investment and research work, the museum is now a cultural space well-appreciated by citizens and tourists alike.
Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-32-440-6770
Parking facilities : Available
Day off : Mondays (If Monday is a public holiday, the following day will be closed), the day after a public holiday, New Year’s Day
Charges : Free
Hours : Tuesday-Sunday 09:00-18:00 (last admission is 17:30)
* Open until 21:00 on the last Wednesdy of each month. Last admission 20:00
Scale : Site area: 5,950.4 1㎡
Floor space: 2,528.93 ㎡ (B1-2F)
- Ceramics: 1,000 pieces including Goryeo dynasty works
- Paintings and calligraphic works: 1,300 pieces including Hwajodo (Joseon)
- Statue of the Buddha: 250 pieces including Bronze Seated Buddha (The Three States)
- Others: 260 woodblocks, stamps
* Total: Around 12,000 pieces
Almost 3,000 pieces including ceramics, paintings and calligraphic works, statues of the Buddha, woodblock, and relics of ancient China are on display at the outside exhibition hall throughout B1 and 2F.
1) Collected and preserved works of art
2) Published books
3) Survey research center. Planning and resources.
Museum festival, experience programs
Advanced notice will be required to make a reservation for groups of 10 or more
* Reservation should be made at least two days before your desired date
* Inquiry: +82-32-440-6770
Info. Services for Koreans
68, Biryu-daero 55beon-gil, Nam-gu, Incheon