The National Maritime Museum is a comprehensive venue offering exhibitions on maritime culture, history, ocean life, science, and more. The exterior of the museum was designed to resemble a water droplet and is the third largest museum in Korea. The museum holds over 14,000 historic items and relics that have witnessed history and are relevant to the future of ocean life. These are on display in eight permanent exhibition halls, a special exhibition hall, and a children's exhibition hall. The museum also has a library, aquarium, grand auditorium, outdoor performance stage, and a 4D theatre for a multi-cultural experience.
Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-51-309-1900
Parking facilities : 305 parking spaces available (including 19 parking spaces for large vehicles, 9 parking spaces for people with disabilities)
Parking Fees : - Small & mid-size vehicles (up to 15-person capacity): 1,000 won for the first two hours / 100 won for each additional 10 min up to 2,400 won per day.
- Large vehicles (16-person capacity and above): Fees are doubled from regular size fees.
* 50% discount: compact cars, people with disabilities, hybrid cars, multicultural family (upon presenting welfare or family sarang card)
Day off : Mondays (Closed the day after if Monday is a holiday)
Charges : Free (excluding 4D Theater & Special exhibitions)
Hours : [Weekdays] 09:00-18:00
[Saturdays] May-August 09:00-19:00 / September-April 09:00-19:00
[Sundays & public holidays] 09:00-19:00
* Day of Seollal (Lunar New Year) & Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving), Children's Day, Liberation Day 09:00-21:00
Scale : B1-4F
- Area size: 45,444 ㎡
- Total ground area: 25,870 ㎡
- Exhibit total ground area: 9,826 ㎡
Touring Time : Approx. 2 hr
Refer to the official website
Prior-reservation required for group visitors
Foreign Language Intepretation Services
* Exhibition explanation available in English, Japanese, Chinese (only for foreign visitors). Prior-inquiry is required via phone.
* Audio guide in English, Japanese, Chinese available (150 devices)
- Identification card required for rental (Guardian’s identification card required for children)
- Rental fee: 1,000 won
- Rental and returning site: Information Desk (2F) (first-come first-served basis)
45 Haeyang-ro 301beon-gil, Yeongdo-gu, Busan