Hampyeong Expo Park has been emerging as a representative eco tourist attraction in Asia ever since the Hampyeong Butterfly & Insect Expo in 2008. The park offers visitors a wide array of eco-programs and participatory tour programs.
The park consists of as many as 11 open-run exhibition centers and other themed zones including a horticulture therapy center, grass square, plant/insect eco school, themed theater, bug's village, golden bat exhibition center, butterfly/insect eco center, butterfly/insect specimen and fossils exhibition, fresh water fish science museum, butterfly land park, and wetland experience zone.
www.hampyeongexpo.org (Korean only)
Contact and Information : • 1330 Travel Hotline: +82-2-1330
(Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• For more info: +82-61-322-2008
Parking facilities : Available
Parking Fees : Free
Charges : Fare: From the day after the close of National Chrysanthemum Festival (May) until November
Free: Any time outside of the fare period.
Closed: 3 days before the opening of the festival
Adult: 5,000 won / Youth & Military: 3,500 won / Children & Seniors: 2,500 won / Kindergartner: 1,500 won
[Groups (20 or more Koreans / 10 or more foreigners)]
Adult: 3,400 won / Youth & Military: 2,400 won / Children & Seniors: 1,700 won / Kindergartner: 1,000 won
* Adult: Aged 19~64 / Youth: Aged 13~18 / Military: Serving under Sergeant, as riot police or public servant / Children: Aged 7~12 or attending elementary school / Kindergartner: Aged 4~6 or attending childcare center
* A ticket includes admission to the Hampyeong Expo Park and 7 exhibition halls.
- Included exhibits: Botanical Garden, Natural Ecology Hall, Freshwater Fish Science Hall, Butterfly Ecology Hall, Butterfly Specimen Exhibit, Fossil Exhibit, Golden Bat Ecology Hall
* Separate fees will be charged during the Butterly Festival and other park festivals.
* Admission Fee Waived:
- Diplomats and their entourage
- Entering on official business
- Man of National Merit
- Disabled (Level 1-3 accompanied with one guardian)
- Hampyeong citizens
Hours : 09:00-18:00
* Ticket office closes at 17:00.
27, Gonjearo, Hampyeong-eup, Hampyeong-gun, Jeollanam-do